We’re celebrating Independence Day in America this weekend. We can be inspired from this world-class event in our businesses!
Accompanied by the ringing of the Liberty Bell, the Declaration of Independence was publicly read outside Independence Hall in Philadelphia for the first time on July 8, 1776, four days after its signing.
These 1300 words would shake the world, sparking other freedom movements in Europe and South America. A new type of government was formed, and a new human experience was unleashed.
We can learn something from this movement toward freedom. And we can apply these truths to our businesses immediately.
You have to take up the fight!
Let’s bring this right into our experience.
Some thoughts to consider this weekend and throughout the year …
- The pre-Revolutionary War generation of colonial Americans were desperate for change. They could no longer languish under the oppressive policies of King George III and the British Empire. Do you feel this way? What are you under right now? Are you ready to change in a revolutionary way?
- They envisioned a brighter future, a different type of society. The vision within them became larger than the circumstances around them and they had to act. What’s growing within you? How long have you been carrying it? Are you ready to see it come into the world?
- The American spirit is a pioneering spirit. Entrepreneurialism is in the American DNA. You’re probably the type that desires to step up, step out, and take initiative. Have you accepted your entrepreneurial side? You have to fully embrace it to succeed.
- The colonial Americans became thoroughly convinced. Their cause was just and they were ready to die for it if necessary. They knew if they failed, there would be severe consequences. Even so they moved forward. How convinced are you about what you’re doing or want to do? You have to have deep passion. You have to be all in to win.
- They had a WHY. We know to do big things, we have to have a big WHY. Are you in touch with why you are doing what you are doing? Do you need to reaquaint yourself with your WHY? Do you need to articulate it more clearly? Have you written it down? Do you revisit it?
- They took up the fight. They were courageous and determined. Think of it … a newly formed army, amatuer at first, took up arms against the world super power at the time! Are you willing to fight for what you want even though you may feel like an underdog? Will you contend? When you suffer setbacks, will you get up again, knowing that you may lose some battles, but you are in it to win the war?
Freedom never just shows up. Including business freedom. It always has to be won. And we have to be vigilant to maintain it.
Benjamin Franklin was leaving Independence Hall in Philadelphia at the close of the Constitutional Convention in 1787. A woman asked, “Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” Franklin’s response? “A republic, madam – if you can keep it.”
Be inspired! Stay inspired! And advance forward in that inspiration! The dream is worth it.
We’re here to come alongside your efforts. This is what we do. We empower emerging and existing online business people to win. Let us know what we can do to serve your cause!